Workplace issues

Already retired

Information and services for the retired letter carrier

While employees who are planning or applying for retirement are required to process through the Postal Service’s Human Resources Shared Service Center (HRSSC), once retired, that changes.

After the effective date of retirement, questions, issues and concerns related to retirement matters should be directed to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). OPM is the agency that has authority to decide entitlement to CSRS and FERS annuities.

When contacting OPM, be prepared to provide your name and either CSA or Social Security number. Click here for OPM contact information on the Retirement Department main page.

OPM also has a user-friendly password-protected online access portal that allows annuitants to change their federal and state income tax withholdings, change their mailing address, view and print the current 1099-R Tax Form, and other actions. It is called Retirement Services Online and can be reached here:

OPM provides a convenient online service to retirees that allows them to view and print certain information related to their annuities, and also to make certain changes. Accessing the service is easy if you have internet access.

What information can I view and what actions can I take?

How do I find Retirement Services Online?

Click here: